- Sausalito, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Teddy Stackman
A Technical Artist is responsible for the technical aspects of art asset development. This entails working closely with Art and Engineering to develop and support the asset pipeline, animation and rigging tools, animation rigs, and real-time effects.
• Partner closely and lead the engineering and design teams in definining and developing content
• Design, manage, and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
• Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
• Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation, and hooking up animations
• Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks
• Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads
• Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience in working with Maya Python/PyMEL, PySide/PyQt
• Expert ability to work on game development
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability are required.
• Expert verbal and written communication skills; communication across teams incluging engineers and artists
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Expert ability in creating tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc
• Expert in game profiling and optimization techniques
• Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required