- 100% REMOTE (U.S. only)
- Job Terms:
- $80-85,000 / yr.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
The Product Marketing Associate is a key role within the Pitney Bowes’ Global Ecommerce Marketing team and is responsible for developing and communicating core positioning and messaging to our sales and client teams. The role collaborates across the organization to develop and execute go-to-market strategies and content across email, web, sales, and account management channels. This position reports to the Product Marketing Director and serves as a core point of contact for our Global Ecommerce services.
The position is well-suited to those accustomed to working independently and self-sufficiently while wearing multiple hats:
- Own and be accountable for all product marketing related to a subset of products / solutions in the Global Ecommerce portfolio, addressing both current and prospective client audiences
- Articulate business challenges addressed by our solutions and services. Document positioning and messaging that differentiates Pitney Bowes’ value propositions. Act as a ‘spokesperson’ for our go-to-market messaging.
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products; provide sales teams with perspectives on market trends to aid in competitive and instructive selling practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of how our business impacts our current clients and engage with internal client management teams to successfully cross-sell our products and deliver core messaging to our client base
- Develop personas, customer journeys, market segmentation, and competitive intelligence; leverage these materials in creating product positioning, messaging, and sales materials
- Deliverables include: messaging documents, pitch decks, client decks, battle cards, client-facing email communications, knowledgebase articles, thought leadership, RFP content, competitor research, etc.
- A passion for B2C/retail ecommerce (logistics or technologies) and experience developing B2B marketing deliverables (including, but not limited to, pitch decks, collateral, sales playbooks, sales training, customer/prospect communications, etc.)
- 3-5 years of overall B2B marketing or sales/client enablement experience, ideally with ability to articulate the value and impact of logistics on the ecommerce landscape
- Experience in product marketing, particularly in understanding internal and external stakeholder needs for new product launches, product enhancements, and product lifecycle
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, demonstrating strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Solid writing skills, with a focus on articulating impacts and benefits of products and product changes to clients
- Comfort analyzing market / competitive research projects with an ability to synthesize findings to actionable insights
- Flexibility and capability to pivot in new directions quickly as business demands change
- Ability to work successfully across functional teams
- Superior verbal and interpersonal abilities—ability to present to large internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business or related experience
- Willingness to travel <10% (remote work arrangements are permitted)
Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) is a global shipping and mailing company that provides technology, logistics, and financial services to more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500. Small business, retail, enterprise, and government clients around the world rely on Pitney Bowes to remove the complexity of sending mail and parcels.