- San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, New York; Boulder, CO
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Teddy Stackman
Top 5 Daily Responsibilities:
1) Help the UX team design and migrate multiple developer consoles from existing sites to the new sites following an existing UX foundation.
2) Apply and contribute to our design frameworks.
3) Consult, educate, and collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering and product teams who rely on the site and tools to learn about and integrate devices and services with company solutions.
4) Develop user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
5) Work with UX research, content strategy, and cross-functional product management & engineering teams.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation:
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management:
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics).
- Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency.
- 5-8 year experience as a UX/Visual Designer
- Expertise using figma design software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing across platforms and surfaces.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables.
- Strong and demonstrable visual design skills (color, layout, type, etc.) and fluency on best design practices for mobile and web UIs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Proficiency with Figma.
- Execute against several work streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, and deliver clear, organized and detail-oriented solutions.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams on content strategy, technical implementation.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload, including delegating tasks.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.