- Portland, Oregon
- Job Terms:
- Competitive with Benefits!
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shymala Hoffman
Fortune 500 Sporting Apparel is on the search for a Graphic Designer!
In this role you will assist with ideation, concept development, and branding. Leads team projects and works independently to complete individual projects. These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials. Effectively uses computerized systems in design process. Project Management - Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution. Manages individual projects beginning with internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards. Cost Control - Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development. Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget. Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation. Supplier Liaison - Arranges the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Develops vendor evaluation criteria; evaluates vendors.
- 6 plus years of progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience.
- Proven ability to apply and perform graphic design skills including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses.
- Proven ability to work in rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
- Collaborate in the development of innovative information and graphic design solutions for BRS Culture & Community and Studio.
• Work with BRS leaders to design high-level presentations for key BRS or Design events and meetings: All-Design quarterly Cafe Meetings, DLT meetings and offsites, WIND events, Design Ethos, Strat Plans, etc.
_PUBLICATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
• Create publications including books, posters, collateral, and website communications. Projects include Design Ethos book, Design Annual, posters for BRS events and speaker series, and BRS website content.
• Create new or update the Design Channel website and collaborate with Sr Leaders on visualizing the direction, followed by partnership with internal and external vendors on final development and launch.
_GRAPHICS, LOGOS & VIDEOS:
• Design logos and identities for miscellaneous projects and events.
• Create posters, signage, packaging, illustrations, user guides, and motion graphics for BRS projects.
• Create or edit videos for Cafe Meetings, Athlete appearances, etc.
Please note, this is an onsite role in Portland, Oregon.
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.