- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Elizabeth Bennett
Whirlpool is looking for an Associate CGI Artist to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the CGI production team as part of Content X across all 5 brands (KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, JennAir, Amana).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within the customized Keyshot/Whirlpool production pipeline to set up scenes, lighting and materials
- Creating 360s and Still images for product launches
- Reducing and optimizing 3D files for architectural use
- Creating 3D files for Augmented Reality
- Receiving and applying feedback from internal functions to align imagery with specific Brand look and feel
- 2-3 years experience in creating 3D imagery in an artist role
- 2-3 years experience with CAD data optimization
- Experience with Post Production retouching and output
- Experience with Keyshot rendering software and other 3D softwares
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, organized and thrive in fast-paced, creative environment with tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, patience and great overall attitude
- Must have knowledge of Keyshot
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have strong creative skills in all aspects of CG image creation from data import and optimization, material creation, lighting, animating, rendering and retouching
- Willing to work within branded guidelines for image look and feel
- Able to communicate production delays and concerns
- Experience in AR file creation
- Experience working with large engineering data sets
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.