- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
As the Business Affairs Consultant you will be responsible for providing the legal and financial expertise within the marketing organization. This role reports into the Associate Director of Marketing Operations & Planning and will partner with the Business Affairs Manager to review contracts on behalf of our client. This is a true short-term role to help offload an increase in work volume.
In addition, you will:
• Review our client's MSA, NDA, SOW templates and educate business partner on best practices
• Review Content Prodution & agency agreements to ensure legal compliance
• Support with negotiating agreements and contracts
• Help trouble shoot claims and usage requests
What We’re Looking For
• BA/BS degree in marketing or equivalent. Negotiation certification a plus.
• 5+ years of professional experience in business affairs, or equivalent experience in content production on an internal marketing team or agency.
• Strong relationships with production and talent agencies.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Background in content production preferred.
• Ability to quickly identify problems, propose and develop solutions.
• Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage and track multiple workstreams.
• Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong time management skills; ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
• Proficient in contract tools such as Word, Docusign. Smartsheet a plus.
Essentially, the content production team is reviewing all its current vendor contracts. They need someone experienced with reviewing and negotiating contracts to review what is currently in place and evaluate what needs to be replaced or renegotiated. They will partner with our current business affairs manager to get these done. It should be someone who has experience working with creative production teams.
Report to: This role will be working with the Associate Director of Marketing Operations & Planning and will partner with the Business Affairs Manager to review contracts on behalf of our client. It is focused on the content production team.