- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our fast-paced client is seeking an experienced Program Assistant for a long term role in Washington, DC
Program Assistant, Fun and Fulfillment Team
The Fun & Fulfillment team is responsible for developing, planning and executing consumer-facing virtual and in-person events in the areas of entertainment, personal enrichment, exercise and wellness, home improvement, work and money, food and drink, and gardening and nature.
- Assist the event planning and execution of events, including tracking and cross-checking event budgets and contracts, developing creative assets for event promotion, creation and management of ticketing sites, and tracking project costs.
- Liaises with staff from across the organization to ensure consistency and quality of event descriptions for the Clients' Virtual Community Center.
- Maintain the Movies for Grownups and Find Fun inboxes, which fields member inquiries pertaining to events, and ensure timely and professional customer service for all incoming messages.
- Contribute to overall strategy and innovation related to our events work.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in event planning or project management.
- Experience in event planning
- Excellent time management and organizational skills key to success
- Willingness to flex schedule to support production of evening virtual events (7pm ET) up to 2 times a week.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, long-term projects with attention to detail
- Familiarity with CVENT a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.