- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals, MedTech and Corporate. By applying the power of design, we optimize the user experience for patients, consumers, healthcare providers and employees.
Here, you’ll have the outstanding opportunity to collaborate with business partners from inception and at every stage of design development. This empowers us to both shape and execute programs that touch the lives of more than one billion Johnson & Johnson customers daily. We foster an inclusive environment where each of us is welcomed, valued, respected and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work.
This role will support and report to the Senior Manager, Talent Operations & Resource Management in ensuring that the J&J Design team is optimally utilized for successful project delivery.
- 4 – 7 years of experience in Design/Creative Operations or Resource/Talent Management
- Working knowledge of project management methodology
- Experience using Project, Resource or Workflow Management tools (use of Wrike a bonus)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The Successful Candidate will be
- Proactive, not reactive
- Relationship-focused and collaborative; a positive relationship with Design Leaders, Design Team, Project Managers and Operations team is key and essential
- Positive, flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Able to manage a high volume of activity and information effectively in a matrixed environment; the kind of person who “gets stuff done.”
- Reliable, with outstanding organizational skills
- A problem-solver, able to look at things from many perspectives, coming up with great solutions. Never settling for the “path of least resistance”
- Strong and articulate communicator
- Not afraid of failure and open to trying, and learning from, new ideas
- Decisive with empathy and a high emotional intelligence
- Focused with great attention to detail
- Lead or participate in regular resource meetings with design teams and leaders and facilitating any resource issues or conflict resolution
- Conduct weekly cross-departmental resource meetings, reviewing and presenting slates of incoming work actioning appropriate follow-up and follow-through
- Engage in early planning with teams to identify talent needs, scheduling and strategies, as well as identifying external resource needs
- Responsible for prompt and accurate delivery of information to both managers and peers
- Support manager to continuously seeking to improve the processes of Resource Management with our Workflow Management tool
- Monitor team’s workload to ensure accuracy in assignments and correctly supplying any missing information
- Understand skill sets, experiences and interests of resources to provide thoughtful planning and staffing recommendations
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.