- Remote (PST Preferred)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
Work with the UX Research team on Cloud Data products and services including data governance, analytics, and databases. We’re in need of someone who can help with running all types of studies, including interviews, need gathering, journey maps, usability & surveys. We specifically need someone who has a experience with mixed methods and understands the underpinnings of when to user each.
• A minimum of MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, or other related fields.
• Minimum of 2 years of in-house or agency experience conducting product focused user research.
• Experience conducting research in a highly technical space (e.g., data warehousing, data integration, data engineering, data governance) desirable but isn't a must. Helpful to have a technical field of study in academic or job history.
• Experience conducting benchmark studies is highly desirable.
• Ability to analyze research data (both quant and qual), write up and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence product design and direction quickly and effectively.
• If no prior experience in conducting research in a highly technical space, must possess an aptitude for technical complexity and a willingness to learn with a demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up on a technical domain/user base.
• What I’m mostly looking for is somebody who can help with the load of routine asks from the FTE researchers on the team. The vendor will be focusing on the execution of the studies but will have the opportunity to independently carry out research from planning to execution to data analysis and presenting results.
• I want to avoid candidates whose core experiences are on the market research side as those are different skill sets that don’t transfer smoothly into UX/design research.
• Experience/knowledge of data governance space, including data privacy is a big plus.
• Stats knowledge/application of statistics to research problems is a plus.
• Real world experience with variety of research methodologies is a plus.
• Bias for action
• Appreciates qual and quant
• Agile and can go quickly with usability studies
• Insight storytelling through data visualization
About the team:
• This person will be the 6th member of our product research team.
• In terms of stakeholders, the researcher is typically working closely with researchers and sometimes with other roles including design and PM.
Tools you may use on the project:
• Usertesting, Userinterviews, UserZoom, Qualtrics, Teams, etc.
• Having experience with survey tools is helpful especially programming advanced survey flows with logic.
• In terms of Cloud Data tooling, having prior knowledge/experience and/or passion about data— where it comes from, how it is processed, big data, storage, etc would be highly desirable given our product space! Relevant awareness of but not necessarily deep usage of tools that include SQL, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Data processing scripting in Visual Studio or other coding environment, or any other tools along the data lifecycle.
• Experience conducting research with technical people is highly desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity because…
• Opportunity to work on a growing team with diversity in background and workstyles.
• Using research to refine and enhance the product experiences.
• A team with like-minded people who value growth mindset to try out new methods and new approaches to grow and learn.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.