- REMOTE (US only)
- Job Terms:
- based on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
Are you interested in a unique opportunity to put your talents to work by guiding the evolution of Consumers Energy’s website, our most highly used communication channel? As a national leader in delivery of essential energy services with aggressive commitments to people, the environment, and economic prosperity, we embrace data-driven decisions to transform traditional interactions into simple, engaging, personalized experiences. That’s where you come in! You will work collaboratively in an agile environment and apply your user-centered design skills and techniques to design engaging interfaces that make the user experience intuitive.
Who We Are
As one of the nation’s largest natural gas and electric service providers, it is our passion and privilege to serve the residents and businesses of Michigan who count on us every day. Inspired by a 130-year heritage and a vision for a sustainable energy future, our 8,000 employees embrace a culture that values diversity and accountability, earning recognition including:
• Forbes® best place to work and best employer for diversity in Michigan
• Forbes® best employer for women, utility sector
• Sustainalytics #1 U.S. utility for sustainability performance
• #1 Michigan company in Newsweek® green rankings
What We Offer You
• Competitive Pay & Generous 401k matching
• Health and Wellness - Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups, and access to physical & mental well-being tools are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
• World-Class paid Maternity/Paternity leave
• Generous vacation policy based on your work experience, in addition to company holidays
• Flexible working hours
• Learning & career growth - Professional development is as important to us as it is to you
• A collaborative culture that genuinely cares about employee engagement & well-being
The Impact You’ll Make
You will spend your time seeking out new optimization opportunities and insights into how our website can be improved. You will leverage data to guide customer satisfaction, engagement, & program activation strategies. This hybrid role is part of our Digital Customer Operations team. This flexible opportunity allows you to work remotely, if desired, and have periodic opportunities to collaborate with team members in person.
What You Will do:
• Define user flows, interaction patterns, and complete digital experiences that align with user needs.
• Bring knowledge of design systems, data platforms, and UX delivered through multiple devices (mobile-first)
• Execute with a dual minded approach: You’re highly creative, but also data-driven, relying on data and insights to make decisions.
• Coordinate complex assignments and multiple team tasks
• Be assertive, confident, proactive, and not afraid to speak up and ask questions. Able to explain and sell UX best practice decisions to influence leadership and stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), related degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience
• Experience conducting A/B and multivariate tests with a focus on conversion rate and UX improvements
• Exceptional critical thinking skills, paired with the ability to communicate ideas to all levels of organization
• Great communication skills, both written and verbal
• Familiarity with accessibility standards a plus (WCAG 2.1 AA Compliant and beyond as compliance needs evolve).
This position will be filled at the level commensurate with the selected candidate’s skills and education using the technical job description.
Hours and Travel:
This is a full-time position. Base work location can be remote or, if preferred by the candidate, could be any of our various Consumers Energy Offices in Michigan. While daily work location can be of the team member’s choice there may be periodic opportunities to collaborate with team members in-person.
Join the diverse and dynamic team that powers Michigan's largest energy provider and one of the nation's largest gas and electric combination utilities. Consumers Energy services 6.7 million of Michigan's 10 million residents - caring for our friends and neighbors in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. We embrace a cleaner and leaner utility vision focused on eliminating energy waste and adding renewable energy from sources such as wind and solar.
At Consumers Energy, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture that supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co- workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We're a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
As a national leader in delivery of essential energy services with aggressive commitments to people, the environment, and economic prosperity, Consumers Energy embraces design practices that transform traditional interactions into compelling experiences and bring next-generation energy solutions to life.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.