- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
User Experience We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.' We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, and writers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Research Assistant on this team, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, mobile products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions.
2. Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research.
- Administer questionnaires and surveys.
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities.
- Assist quantitative user researchers with data cleaning and manipulating data.
- BA degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 2 years UXR experience and demonstrated ability to handle complexity.
- Research Assistant position that included conducting in-person lab-based usability research
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
- Google Slides, sheets and docs experience
- Experience or background conducting smartphone research
- Understanding of experimental design and descriptive statistics preferred
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.