- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$125/hr, DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
The Packaging Producer manages packaging, labeling, and print documentation for our client’s products worldwide to ensure that high-quality printing and finishing is developed, produced, and shipped on time. Ensure overall execution of final design for assigned projects. Subject matter expertise in print techniques and manufacturing processes is required. Manage overall design with cross-functional partners, including: Marcom Packaging, Product Marketing, Designers, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Purchasing, Localization, Operations, in-region local teams and suppliers.
The ideal candidate has an appreciation for quality, communicates clearly, and has patience for the process—both engineering and design. The Marketing Communications group's Packaging team is constantly tasked with executing simplicity and elegance in a large-scale manufacturing environment. Awareness of limitations and new technologies is critical. Someone who can excel individually and as a team player will do well. The client’s ability to surprise and delight customers is core to their identity; they need someone who shares that value, and who will preserve the secrecy of their unannounced products and put in the work it takes to bring them to life.
• Manage overall program schedule across multiple deliverables and cross functional teams
• Manage scoping out project requirements, creative development, validation, all the way through to final material production.
• Work with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling concepts, validate manufacturability, and obtain samples for approval.
• Ability to guide print specifications by considering product definition, time and budget constraints.
• Guide proposals during the creative and development phase of projects with the understanding of capabilities within our supply base.
• Handle the localization process, including copy approval, translation request, file assessment, file handoff, and localized reviews.
• Initiate and provide oversight for deliverable part numbers and understand their place on the bill of materials.
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in print production.
• Expertise in program and project management; ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities, track deliverables, and develop schedules with functional and cross functional partners.
• Self starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Creative problem solver who is adaptable, flexible, and resourceful.
• Deep understanding of engineering and design process.
• Subject matter expertise in print techniques and manufacturing processes.
• Knowledgeable about prepress, printing processes, and on-press troubleshooting.
• Extraordinary eye for color accuracy and quality. Provide professional color judgement to match design goals across multiple sites and suppliers, including sign off on color standards.
• Working experience with materials, papers, inks, adhesives, print decoration and finishing techniques.
• Proficient in Mac applications; database management systems; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat; and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Availability for both domestic and international travel at least 20 percent of time; travel may raise to 50% during peak business periods.
• You love the client and care deeply about packaging.
Bachelor degree required. BS in Print technologies/Packaging science or BA in Graphics communication preferred.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)