- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mindy Totaro
AI powers almost everything at this company, touching billions of lives - it’s our responsibility to ensure we connect, protect and empower people with human centric AI.
AI for Product (AI4P) are ambassadors for teaching and inspiring AI First Thinking across the company, pushing the state of AI forward, and serving as the entry point for product teams looking to make use of advanced AI. We establish trust and value with our product team partners and are seen as core contributors to their strategy. Our partners invite us to their leadership table to help influence the long term product roadmaps from an AI perspective. We take on hard big-bet problems by building AI to protect, connect and empower people.
Design Program Managers at this company help coordinate the efforts across multi-discipline design teams, supporting projects, building team cohesion and community, and strategizing and creating processes to improve team impact and performance. You and your team will cover all AI4P pillars, Commerce, Ads, Relevance and Integrity, as well as AI for AR, supporting a growing team of 12 multifaceted designers.
- Act as a strategic partner to design leadership on large complex problems and operational programs.
- Identify and drive product initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders, overlapping deadlines, and many moving parts
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve product team efficiency and impact
- Operate in highly ambiguous spaces, formulating a strategic approach to problem solving, helping the design team function more effectively
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships.
- Leverage relationships to inform problem solving and improve our design team's focus and velocity. Partner with PM’s who are supporting key products.
- Facilitate meetings to make progress towards goals, establish clear next steps and owners while resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams.
- Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, and information distribution.
- Define and measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Provide operational strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited design resources.
- Choose the highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short-term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big opportunity across product design teams.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- 6+ years of experience as a digital producer, project manager or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships
- 2+ years of direct people management experience.
- Knowledge of design process, strategy, and developing design standards.
- Experienced in design operations.
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Track record of influencing, defining and scaling complex company-wide product or business strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with product teams or programs from roadmapping through delivery
- Track record of operating independently and without oversight
- Experience managing vendors and contractors
- Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference