- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Elizabeth Bennett
Whirlpool is looking for an Associate Content Strategy Director to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, working within a growing world class creative and experience strategy team: social, creative, growth, experience, connections, content and media teams, you will help define content strategies for Whirlpool North America brands, beginning with the KitchenAid brand. You will own and lead the end-to-end Content Strategy process from ideation to execution across multiple projects and channels. You will solve complex problems by finding the clearest, most compelling way to communicate potential solutions, while collaborating deeply with marketing, creative, design, marketing sciences, operations, production and other disciplines.
- Develop and lead Whirlpool’s content strategies and content strategy processes, and oversee content strategy team for the Whirlpool’s brands.
- Craft deliverables including the strategic vision, site maps, content authoring guidelines, taxonomies, and maybe things no one has a name for yet
- Weigh in as a subject matter expert on content strategy topics with cross-disciplinary agency and client partners.
- Practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking.
- Understand strategic business goals—and challenge them when needed.
- Solve complex problems and find the clearest, most compelling way to communicate the solution.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in account planning to include content strategy
- Experience in a creative agency or in-house agency environment
- Experience working with consumer-facing global brands
- A people leader ready to take ownership of overall content strategy, and eventually mentor and grow junior talent
- 10 years professional experience, 6 years in content strategy with a focus on UX
- Demonstrable understanding of content strategy for digital products, content platforms, and branded experiences
- Clear understanding of how content and design work together
- Complete comfort ideating, sketching, and riffing with your team
- The ability to execute, organize, defend and deliver work, while sweating the details
- A fanatical obsession with the quality of work that gets delivered
- A portfolio of relevant work: It should showcase your experience in the design process, content organization and creation, and solving real user problems through words
- Experience translating data into strategic recommendations
- Understanding of user-centric design and product development best practices
- Awareness of the latest XD, technology, and content trends
- Exceptional skills writing short- and long-form content
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.