- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design team (JJD)works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals, MedTech and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience into he lives of patients, consumers, healthcare providers and employees.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are a brand designer with digital design experience, or a UI designer with brand design experience.
You are a self-starter, comfortable presenting to multiple stakeholders and communicate a specific POV.
You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- As a brand designer, you also have impressive digital skills and harness those skills to effectively accomplish design imperatives
- Through multiple channels of teamwork, you create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touchpoints
- You will develop and contribute to the development of design concepts that are equally bold and viable for business solutions
- You will build photography language and comprehensive brand systems and guidelines
- You’ll be involved in 2-week design sprints with critical deadlines that you will successfully deliver
- You will utilize extensive knowledge of and experience in core design and analytical thinking to guide relevant solutions
- Adept at utilizing a UI pattern library created in Adobe XD
- You’ll work closely with project team members to propose design solutions for the business partner’s anticipated needs, gaps and goals
- You will be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally balanced design solutions
- At least a bachelor’s degree in design or related field is required
- 7 – 9 years of design experience is required, both in graphic and digital capabilities
- A broad understanding of design strategy methods and practices is required
- Persistent and diligent attention to detail, while maintaining overall understanding of projects
- Fluency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), plus XD is required o Demonstrated strong communications skills is required
- Experience with designing for holistic branding systems (Print Packaging + Digital-First Solutions)
- Aftereffects or video experience not required but is a plus
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability