- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
The Video Operations group is seeking a Master Data Specialist for Asset Management/Archive and Servicing for branded original content. This position will be responsible for collection and maintenance of critical information necessary to describe, archive and distribute Original Content.
The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience.
Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Technical Operations, and Quality Control.
Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, timed text, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms and services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group that thrives in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient
solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our platforms.
The Master Data Specialist will support the following:
• Learn the inner workings of a studio title and metadata management operation and its contributors.
• Own the feed of enterprise dates to support business related content distribution to multiple external and internal endpoints.
• Locate, acquire and manage acquisition of all required dates and associated metadata.
• Support creation of operating procedure documentation.
• Support implementation of new business initiatives resulting in metadata standards changes and new origination workflows
• Support systems development, data migration and data integrity projects.
• Assist in master title management as necessary
• Design and generate reporting / metrics as necessary
• Demonstrate working knowledge of digital archival principle, collection management, and migration
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
We are looking for 7+ years experience including education within the fields of library science, computer science or engineering or within Mastering/Archive/Asset Management related Operations at a Studio or Television related content company, or Post Production facility.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate skills and interest in the following areas:
• You have a strong knowledge of EST/VOD, OTT, or SVOD distribution workflows or you have a strong interest in the media distribution business
• You have an interest in archive / library sciences, policy and best practices
• You have a working knowledge of metadata standards and concepts with an emphasis on descriptive metadata.
• You have created, developed and designed workflow and task management solutions for metadata gathering and quality control.
• You are familiar with studio rights and availability management
• You understand order management and media distribution workflows
• You can explain and drive system integration discussions and document data flows
• You have experience with SDLC (software development life cycle) projects and are able to prioritize tasks and projects accordingly
• You understand purchase order / request concepts and related financials
• You have a working understanding of domestic and localized international versioning (multiple languages, Standards and Practice review and version management)
• You are comfortable writing technical documentation to communicate technical requirements, conceptual designs and workflows
• You must be collaborative, organized and a team player
• You are able to work in a changing and evolving environment
• You must have the ability to make decision independently
• You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to contribute to and understand the organization’s vision for the future
College education preferred within the fields of library science, computer science or other allied discipline.