- Redmond, WA (PST preferred)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This Studios team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Experience Data science team – we work hard, have fun, and value collaboration and individuality in each other. As a team, we’re passionate about maximizing the impact of Data Science work on Design and Product decisions, and we are leading discussions in this area within the company and beyond.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data scientist experts, who will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Additionally, when not building pipelines will be spent helping with documentation, schemas and writing cosmos/kusto queries for the teams data needs.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up and willing to help out with other team data asks as needed. They will support our data scientists and product teams on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed when it comes to exploring and understanding a dataset, especially when it comes to finding and fixing issues in the data.
The ideal candidate will have experience and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with partner product team engineers to drive data platform and advanced analytics solutions to production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulate technical requirements, define overarching solution architecture, and document specific tasks for effective, reliable, and GDPR compliant telemetry data infrastructure built with our internal data stack.
- Defines and guides partner product engineering teams on the technical standards of telemetry data pipeline, ensuring high quality and consistent delivery from the partner teams, and supporting ease of collaboration and consistency across products.
- Maintains a deep understanding of multiple internal and external data platforms, technologies, and techniques on which to build data logging, storage, analysis and modeling solutions, and continues to expand and learn as new capabilities emerge.
- Identifies and effectively documents new, innovative data techniques and standards to expand the capability and value offerings of the Experience Analytics team.
- Regularly reviews with the Experience Data Science Lead on team structure, process, technical approach, and effectiveness, and implements improvements as necessary.
- Collaborate with other teams within the wider org, and externally, on shared data -related objectives and solutions.
-Able to help with various one of cosmos/kusto queries as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, database systems, mathematics, or in place of 3+ years of industry experience in a data engineering or data solution architect-focused role
- Designing, implementing, and deploying data pipelines
- Relational databases and Non-relational database, Cosmos, Kusto, Azure data lake, SQL.
- Previous experience/knowledge in ADF, Databricks/ADL
- Object oriented programming, e.g. C#.
- Engineering best practices, e.g. DevOps, GIT.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for research, learning, and continuous self-improvement.
- Clear communication and effective collaboration.
- Ability to effectively articulate complex concepts and conclusions to non-experts.
- Prioritizes clean, sustainable, engineering practices.
Additional experience we’d love to see (though not required):
- Project management, collaboration and organizational skills, guiding product teams to improve data infrastructure
- Leading or mentoring less experienced engineers or data engineers in partner teams.
- Data Science, machine learning, statistical models, concepts and application.
- Agile development practices.
- Experience working with product design disciplines.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.