- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amanda Malone
A global beauty company is looking for a Store Retail Display Designer (3D Designer). The team is looking for an architectural designer who has expeirence drafting construction drawings and Milwork drawings in retail.
The Retail Archtiect/3D Designer will be create renderings for shop-in-shops, retail fixtures and displays and events. This person will need to be able to do layout and renderings in AutoCAD and SketchUp. The Designer will work on the team's several designer fragrance brands.
• Be a 3D Storyteller and create dynamic retail experiences
• Deliver best of class design for High Profile Stores on time and within assigned budget
• Develop innovative and creative design solutions consistent with brand strategy and merchandising standards.
• Adapt current brand design to perform feasibility layouts for new retail spaces.
• Manage the schematic design process and prepare drawings, renderings, and other presentation materials as required for internal design reviews.
• Collaborate with Construction to resolve programming needs according to our budgets and project schedules
• Partner and coordinate design activities with internal stakeholders, architects, engineers, suppliers, and millwork vendors as required for new retail spaces to ensure project criteria is met.
• Minimum4-6 years of direct progressive experience in retail design, branded architecture and experiential design with a major retail company or top architectural firm. Luxury brand experience is a plus!
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture or equivalent mandatory
• Expertise required with CAD, Sketch UP, 3D rendering, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Effective oral and written communication and the ability to interact with senior level executives
• Strong analytical & creative problem solving skills
• Proficient knowledge of Architectural Drawing details and Means & Methods
• Knowledge of Millwork and Retail Fixture standards and details
• Be comfortable and confident in bringing ideas to life in the built environment
• Knowledge of Building Codes and Architectural Detailing
• Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Ability to multi task through aggressive schedules in a very fast paced environment
• Strong background in driving accelerated timelines
• Demonstrate ability to proactively identify and escalate issues and process improvements
• Deep knowledge and understanding of latest global retail concepts and trends
• Strong Interpersonal skills