- Seattle (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
About the company and the team
At Microsoft, we have bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To make that a reality, the Cloud + AI DesignOps team is charged with driving the strategy that turns a product vision into action. How? By designing inclusive environments that promote creative exploration and building productivity frameworks that allow Design to operate at the peak of efficiency and effectiveness.
About the role
Microsoft Cloud + AI Design Studio is looking for a customer-focused Senior Design Producer to join the DesignOps team to help define and drive strategy a new product area within our digital transformation team.
Our team's vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more. We strive to transform Microsoft’s powerful and complex technologies into experiences that customers will love.
We consider the Producer to be the “COO” of our team, collaborating across multiple disciplines and cross-functionally with multiple organizations: Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Data Science, and with Senior Leadership team. Producers excel at creating clarity and driving design excellence in often-changing and ambiguous environments.
Design Producer manages three key areas:
Design Program Management — the Producer works closely with our Design Leads to drive our operational strategy and raise the bar of our practice. This includes building and overseeing our roadmap, and supporting organizational development efforts such as hiring, onboarding, and career development.
Creative Operations — the Producer partners with Design Managers and works closely with designers to create and refine briefs, facilitate design reviews, and explore better ways to prototype creative solutions, ensuring we are building the best solutions for the right problems at the right time.
Production Operations — the Producer is responsible for creating efficiencies in the design and production process, enabling designers to stay focused on delivering high quality work on time.
As a Senior Design Producer, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Partner with Design, Product, and Business leadership on product vision. Drive design deliverables for each product cycle
• Direct the day-to-day operations of the team’s workstreams while working cross-functionally with project management partners to ensure timely milestones are met
• Define and drive design’s rhythm of business and operations
• Define the design process for maximum efficiency and quality output
• Operationalize design process and efficiency to increase productivity
• Manage design work items, scope and requirements, identify capacity and forecast for design workloads. Negotiate scope with product management and leadership according to available design bandwidth.
• Facilitate design reviews and ensure action items are captured and communicated
• Forecast resourcing needs and lead conversations with leadership on resource asks
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• 5 or more years of relevant experience
• Experience managing simultaneous projects and coordinating the efforts of multiple teams across the company
• Self-starter with expertise in user experience and design
• Understands how to utilize design specialties and how/when to integrate with partnering teams (PM, engineering, data science, marketing, and content teams)
• Customer-centric mindset with experience turning research outcomes into product success stories
• Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Azure DevOps, Figma, Adobe suite)
• Awareness of inclusive design and how it supports Microsoft's mission
• Willingness to question established thinking in pursuit of better outcomes
• Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.