- Richmond, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
FANTASTIC, NEWLY CREATED & HIGH VISIBILITY SR. MANAGER EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATIONS ROLE
Our client, a disruptive automotive retailer, is looking to bring on a key member of their communications team. The Senior Manager, Executive Communications leads the overall strategic positioning of our client's senior executives with associate audiences to build trust in leadership, drive business results and increase engagement. This individual serves as a trusted communications advisor to senior leaders and oversees communications strategy and execution for company-wide and targeted communication channels that drive business goals and champion values. In addition, this position provides strategic communications counsel for complex business issues and partners with key stakeholders on an integrated approach towards communicating corporate social responsibility areas.
Purpose of the role:
This role is critical to enabling senior leadership communications that drives business results and employee engagement. The ideal candidate is a communications leader with expertise in strategic corporate communications and multi-media storytelling, with the ability to analyze complex business and societal issues and recommend effective communication approaches. They will have demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders on key communication strategies for reaching and influencing various stakeholders.
- Oversee, develop and innovate communications strategy and products for senior executive communication channels; produce scripts, videos, townhalls, announcements and messaging for various events.
- Provide strategic consultation and craft various CEO and senior leadership internal communication plans, materials and multi-media products supporting company strategic goals and values.
- In partnership with PR and other key stakeholders, evaluate the intersection of complex business and societal issues and develop integrated communications plans and recommendations as well as relevant messaging to support the company’s corporate social responsibility efforts.
- Support integrated and effective messaging across various leadership communication channels.
- Evaluate opportunities for improved leader and manager communications for enterprise-wide and cross-functional change management efforts and implement messaging tactics in partnership with business area leaders that align organizationally and drive results.
- Manage various communication products needed to support select signature associate events and ensure strategic messaging and cultural experience aligns with event goals.
- Cross-train on execution of company signature event planning and provide communications support for senior leader led events as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven record of leading, developing and managing exceptional strategic communications programs for senior executives and leaders that effectively build confidence and trust with associate audiences through a variety of channels and mediums; demonstrated success driving business results through communications for executives across a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional business acumen & experience guiding communications planning for senior executives and developing complex company messaging in clear, concise, and compelling ways for multiple types of internal audiences.
- Experience evaluating and developing strategic communication recommendations and relevant messaging in partnership with public relations team and key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to addressing societal issues and corporate social responsibility.
- Proven ability to coach senior leaders to improve their communications skills and effectively prepare them for presentations and speaking events, as well as a variety of communication challenges.
- Ability to work completely independently and handle ambiguity.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams & channel stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and strong executive presentation development skills, including writing and producing videos, digital media, PowerPoint presentations, speeches and live events that tell visual & impactful stories.
- Ability to manage multiple channel programs simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into language easily comprehensible to all audiences that builds trust in leaders.
- As a seasoned professional supporting high-stakes communication needs for an organization located across multiple times zones and changing circumstances, this position requires readiness for occasional evening and weekend work times. This position will participate in assigned nightly and weekend communications monitoring to ensure business partners receive timely and appropriate support as needed.
- Ability to communicate complex messages in a manner that is clear, effective, and engaging, to a variety of internal and external audiences, including senior leaders.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive impression to all business partners.
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications or related field) required, Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years of senior level communications and management experience