- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This idesign and research team is working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you. We are in need of a UI/Visual designer to support one of them, Maps.
We are looking for a maps cartographer/designer to work on styling the basemap with a map style editor tool.
• Work closely with UX designers to create UI for Maps & Directions search experience across platforms.
• Define & execute the styles and rules of the basemap to provide/communicate different geospatial information.
• Cross-collaborate with other design teams working on shared ideas and cohesive experiences.
This candidate must have strong visual design skills. They would be reporting to the Maps and Local design lead and working closely with the team designers. Performs some aspects of the following work: Design interaction flow and "look and feel" of features across desktop, mobile, and tablet. Development of visual design concepts referencing our visual system and interface guidelines and sharing those with the visual system designers. May implement or design prototypes and assist with presentations. May cross-collaborate with other design teams working on shared ideas.
• 3-5+ years of digital maps and maps UI work-related experience required.
• Keen on details, systematic thinking and have strong patience.
• Have a good understanding of UI and visual communication design principles.
• Interested in learning map design. Have a cartography background or related working experience is a plus.
• Experience with data visualization work is a plus.
• Proficiency in standard design software. (i.e. We are a Figma and Mac studio.)
• Have a good understanding of UX (user experience, web, and mobile interaction patterns). Strong visual/UI design skills.
• Excellent communication and project management skills required.
• Ability to work under constant deadline constraints is required.
• Must have the ability to understand technical issues and communicate information effectively.
• Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies(e.g. HTML, CSS) is a plus.
• Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of typography is important.
• Portfolio review required. Bachelor's degree in Communication Design, HCI, Design, Industrial Design or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.