- Remote (PST Required)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This Design team that handles large exec presentations is seeking a Visual Communications Designer to help deliver outstanding experiences for our customers. This team creates world-ready visual content for the c-level executives that aligns to strategic messaging and corporate brand guidelines. In this role you will be a part of a team of design/communication professionals, creating impactful design experiences across a wide array of visual communication deliverables and mediums.
This role comprises a mix of design and creative implementation skills, along with a passion for technology and events. You will be responsible for creating best-in-class visual storytelling solutions for executive presentations and continuously drive design projects through to successful completion. As a trusted thought leader in presentation design and communications, you will be responsible for navigating a complete realm of storytelling processes and requirements to create stunning and impactful moments for our customers, partners and employees.
• Act as the primary designer and point of contact for a team of executives aligned to a specific narrative construct, focusing on thought leadership that translates into the implementation of visual narrative solutions, storyboarding concepts and engaging necessary resources to complete presentation design projects, ensuring a constancy in quality and impact
• Communicate and drive design solutions for executive communication assets that not only follow brand compliance guidelines, but also adhere to the intent and messaging framework set forth by the brand team, experience team,and/or creative production vendors with stakeholder responsibilities to event brand and messaging
• Engage with a diverse ecosystem of presentation design and communication vendors to create compelling visual storytelling and graphic design solutions that meet the high standards of visual design required.
• Demonstrate a strong fundamental knowledge base in the visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition and layout, color, photography selection, etc.) and the creation of a variety of visual mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, and motion/visual guidelines
• Effectively manage and assign priorities and workloads, determining deadlines and forecast additional staffing needs for executive support or high impact periods of activity
• Build visual narratives and concepts that tell the story while adhering to visual communication strategy goals to ensure presentation success, collaborating closely with other art directors and designers, producers, content teams, and executive management
• Impart critical feedback to and guidance on specific projects completed by suppliers providing support to this role and the assigned executive’s presentations, during both the development process, as well after the presentation is complete
• Leverage team and company resources into opportunities for sharing content from executives, internally and externally when needed, as well as ensuring all content for executive presentations is properly archived for future reference
• Establish proactive engagements with the communications team within each assigned executive to anticipate teams and remove potential roadblocks before they occur, or develop effective avoidance strategies
• 2-4 years experience in visual communications. (Talented Jr. Designers with a stellar portfolio and interest in visual communication encouraged to apply!)
• Frequent contact with all levels across the company including business groups, senior executives, field marketing groups, and external suppliers
• Strong technical understanding, and preferably usage, of our ecosystem and services
• Collaboration and cross-team partnerships
• Self-motivated and directed person, requiring minimal supervision for successful completion of duties
• Knowledge of Adobe design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Knowledge of motion graphics and postproduction workflows
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with creative team members, media leads and senior leadership
• Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers, and know when to escalate to keep projects and process development moving forward
• A strong understanding of creative teams and processes will be crucial and experience in a range of mediums will be key
• Strong presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client relationships with executive communications teams
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills while working with all levels within the company and demonstrate the ability to get things done within the company.
• Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and know when to accept direction
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.