- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
EXCITING SENIOR PUBLICIST OPPORTUNITY
Our client, a well known publishing group, is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic Senior Publicist with a focus on nonfiction publicity to join two of their book imprints. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the imprints' bestselling books in the health and wellness space with titles ranging from self-help to memoir to diet, cooking, fitness, and parenting to “big think” non-fiction.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing non-fiction PR campaigns, an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates should possess strong internal and external communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
- Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across 2 imprints' book lists each season.
- High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents.
- Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national, online, and local media contacts.
- Creating and executing dynamic author events.
- Attending and presenting at regular sales, publishing and team meetings.
- Prepping authors for media and events.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in public relations
- Exceptional communication and pitching skills
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also responding to urgent issues
- Experience presenting in front of large groups including internal meetings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite