- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
The main function of a UX Designer is to develop, create, and modify user interfaces through and understanding of end-user needs.
The Data Center design team creates products that allow The Company's Data center to be developed, built, and be reliable, safe and efficient. As a Product Designer in the Data Center design team, you will be responsible for designing products that help engineers efficiently and effectively configure, deploy, and monitor the services essential to running the Data Center. The products you create are used by engineers across the company and ensure our products reach millions of people globally.
You will be working collaboratively with engineering, PMs and designers. You will be working on various products within the space that are large-scale and complex in scope. Given a high-level problem, you will deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision. Your product team will rely on you throughout the whole process, from stakeholder communication to tweaking details with engineers before launch up to roadmaps to define the path forward. You will be expected to utilise your full range of product, interaction and visual design skills.
- Take broad and ambiguous problems and turn them into delightful products that help engineers do their work, and the company to connect the world
- Design interfaces that support complex, large scale internal applications and platforms
- Contribute and drive high-level strategic decisions within the product and executive teams
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and user researchers to oversee the development of a product from problem definition, concepting to launch (and then some)
- Your vision and your strong sense for details helps the overall product design team to continually raise our bar for quality for product thinking and interaction design
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT IF YOU ARE…
- A Systems Thinker- You are able to create scalable solutions that can become a foundation for other teams to work and collaborate
- Strong Collaborator - You develop relationships quickly and collaborate proactively. You'll be needing to understand the needs of teams around the world to execute on projects. You partner with product managers, engineers, and user researchers to oversee the development of a product from problem definition, concepting to launch (and then some)
- A Strong Product Designer - You can quickly understand business needs as well as thoroughly uncover problems in ambiguous and complex spaces. You know the design process by heart and are able to lead Eng and PM teams to solve the most impactful problem.
- A Strong Visual/Interaction Designer and Prototyper - You are a meticulous craftsperson with proven experience designing for desktop. You are well-versed in displaying interaction thinking through prototypes
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference