- Client is in CT - work can be done remotely
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- October 2021
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Please note: This is a fully remote role, candidates can be based anywhere in the US but must work EST schedule.
Our large Fortune 100 client is seeking a Communications Designer Coordinator to joint their team. This position is primarily responsible for designing brand-compliant communications (e.g., infographics and PowerPoint presentations) that illustrate and package key messages and concepts. The Coordinator will consult with team leaders, and other communication, change management, and knowledge management staff on various deliverables including business cases, town halls, and organizational and provider materials, and then translate and organize information into compelling, easy-to-understand visuals.
- Participate in project meetings as a communication design expert.
- Assess requests, outlining dependencies, risks, mitigation options, tactics, and timelines.
- Consult with team leaders and team members, and recommend the appropriate mix of words, graphics and layouts that best support communication goals and strategies.
- Listen to or read key concepts and messages, and translate them into graphically effective communications for the intended audience, including PowerPoint presentations and infographics.
- Maintain thorough understanding of business/program goals, objectives, impacts, and processes in order to offer unique communication design solutions.
- Build communications that engage and inspire employees, and connects them to business strategy and priorities.
- Ensure all communications and materials are consistent with the company text standards, brand and culture, and meet national and state legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- When applicable, monitor and evaluate results of communications programs, to adjust and change course as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or identified.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with healthcare industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting and employer match.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Sick time
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- Portfolio demonstrating their design work
- 5+ years of experience using design tools (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience following brand standards to design communications.
- Experience evaluating business objectives and audience's needs to develop communications materials.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Associate Degree (minimum requirement)
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong PowerPoint design skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong peer and senior leader relationship management skills to foster collaboration, value others' perspectives, negotiate, influence, and gain support and buy-in.
- Proficiency in end-to-end video production (e.g., brief promo and knowledge building videos) using Camtasia or similar video software.
Skills and Experience:
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.