- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
This role will start remotely, then go onsite in Redmond WA, when onsite is approved in 2022. Fully Remote is an options as well.
Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise, has an exciting opportunity for a contract Technical Artist to join our studio! This role involves supporting the art team with our new production toolset and assisting in development of technical content creation methods and processes to efficiently achieve high quality game content for our next generation games. This person is responsible for providing production and technical support to Artists, including; shader scripting, special effects, lighting, rendering, animation, modeling, game content pipeline design and maintenance.
• Work with content and tools teams to prioritize and develop tools/scripts/plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines.
• Research and leverage new technology and techniques and apply it to solve production problems
• Author shaders and maintain stability and performance of material library.
• Troubleshoot and triage artist issues with tools and art creation workflow
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field.
• Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max preferred.
• Strong knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages. MaxScript\Python preferred
• Proven ability to creatively leverage existing software and techniques to accomplish visual goals
• Understanding of 3D graphics principles and procedures
• Experience with next-generation content creation techniques.
• Excellent communication skills
More about Turn 10 Studios
Turn 10 studios offers a unique work environment that is innovative and electric, and at the same time, open and accepting. At Turn 10, we love what we do, and are committed to building and delivering the next great AAA gaming experience. Come join us and let's change the world of racing games together!
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.