- Spring, TX (onsite or remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Matthew Feldman
This opportunity can be onsite in Houston or remote from anywhere.
The Upstream division of our Fortune 500 Energy client makes multi-million dollar decisions every day to locate and produce energy products that will power and enable communities around the world. Forming and communicating these decisions requires a team of the most talented scientists, engineers, and operators to collect and analyze large, highly-technical data . As if that's not hard enough, we find that these super-brains are frequently saddled with manual, inefficient tools and processes.
As part of our UX research team, you'll drive business strategy by conducting generative and evaluative research to build a baseline understanding of the users' current state and to identify opportunities - sometimes obvious, other times requiring strong insight capabilities. You will also work with project teams to define the value potential of an opportunity and develop potential solutions.
In return, you'll have opportunities to work with users across the globe to return crucial insights and gain a deep understanding of the unique, scientific challenges of the Oil & Gas industry. You’ll also be part of a highly-collaborative team (feels more like a family) of some of the most talented UX designers and researchers in the business making marked improvements on how our users/customers work.
· Develop research strategies that will not only answer known questions but may reveal previously unidentified factors that should be considered.
· Design and conduct generative and evaluative research.
· Collect, store, and steward qualitative and quantitative data.
· Communicate, influence, and collaborate with stakeholders and project teams.
· Adapt and flex to dynamic project needs and priorities.
· Scope problems and objectives that may not be clear to stakeholders and project teams.
· Advocate and evangelize to teams who are not yet familiar with UX design and research.
· Master's degree or higher in anthropology, psychology, human computer interaction, cognitive science, information science or related field.
· Experience leading substantial qualitative and mixed methods research projects.
· Understanding of, and interest in, various UX research methodologies including user interviews, work shadows, focus groups, usability tests and more.
Our campus, on the north side of Houston, is nestled among 385 wooded acres where you can run/walk the trails and occasionally spot our local wildlife. Our facilities meet many of your day-to-day needs with 6 coffee shops, 15+ restaurants, a state-of-the-art gym, hair salon, pharmacist, optician, dentist, dedicated mothers' and quiet rooms, a concierge, auto-services, and dry-cleaning. Our office is LEED Gold certified with plenty of natural light.