- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for an Associate Art Director, Content to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
Not local to Chicago but open to a move? Whirlpool offers relocation assistance!
In this role, you will support the Creative team in the development of conceptual and engaging content that drives results and builds Whirlpools brands through multiple channels. Your end goal will be to help solve marketing and consumer challenges that lead to business growth, powerful brands and desired customer experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the creative team and key brand partners to support the development of creative content that meets brand strategy and drives action.
- Reflect and express brand strategies through compelling visuals across multiple consumer touchpoints.
- Collaborate with internal project teams to support multi-channel campaigns and content initiatives.
- Participate in the production of creative assets across the digital Consumer Decision Journey.
- Develop impactful, creative ideas and execution that deliver and adhere to the brand standards, ensuring cohesion and consistency.
- Learn the creative approaches to develop assets that are most effective in each channel.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to elevate the look and feel or our brand and customer experiences.
- Articulate creative intent to others and proactively coordinate with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life.
- Initiate ideas to enhance the brand experience, improve customer experience and drive sales
- Participate in a collaborative working environment across creative disciplines and across the agency.
- Be a good human being that brings passion for the work and compassion for teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of digital experience and content creation for established brands
- Experience in an agency or in-house setting
- Experience with software, including Adobe Creative Suite and more
- Demonstrate innovative problem solving, impactful visual storytelling, and strong creative content.
- Portfolio of great creative work
- Contributes ideas and builds on ideas of others, welcomes input from others to improve outcomes, and considers and expresses alternate points-of-view with respect
- Ability to respond to, consider, and incorporate feedback and requests with a constructive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrates bias for action approach—quickly and decisively taking action when opportunity arises without waiting to be asked
- Driven to raise the bar, challenge the status quo, and experiment with approaches outside of his/her comfort zone to deliver results and create impact
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.