- Client is in CT - work can be done remotely
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- October 2021
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Please note: This is a fully remote role and candidate can be based anywhere in the US but most work the 8:30am-5pm EST schedule.
Our client is seeking an Account Executive to join their internal agency, which is the premier source for profound marketing insights, world-class strategy, brilliant concepts, renowned design, and content that inspires action and delivers results.
The Account Executive in a key role within the agency that owns the client relationship and understands the creative process and best practices for developing and launching marketing and communications materials for internal and external clients. The role works collaboratively with the client (internal and/or external) team(s), Creative and Project Management teams, and matrix teams, to both understand the project/request, and translate that into terms the Creative team can build from.
This role serves at the main point of contact for his/her clients. Daily, they provide strategic value through clear, actionable, timely interactions; they understand “the ask,” set clear expectations for both the client and the Creative team to deliver on project scope on time and on budget. They keep everyone aligned and moving forward while serving as a trusted partner whom clients turn to, to help solve their marketing communications challenges creatively.
Daily functions include:
- Review strategic marketing briefs for new projects for new and existing clients and identify the opportunities/gaps in detail to drive a strategic communications pieces
- Lead Discovery calls with clients to gain deeper understanding of project needs, budget and ambition
- Work directly with account supervisors to develop proposals, statement of works, creative briefs to translate the client’s request into an actionable document for the team while managing the client’s feedback and updating the document accordingly
- Brief the team - kick off the project
- Manage key timelines
- Review all rounds of creative for strategy, quality and accuracy
- Review all test links for websites, coded emails, printing proofs and provide feedback/approval to internal team members
- Serve as day to day contact for clients and business partners, taking and maintaining ownership for how the account operates on a daily basis and ensuring Account Director has line of sight to all work in areas where not directly involved
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage monthly mailing files and coordination with Production
- Manage job costs to ensure profitability
On-going (overall) functions:
- Work seamlessly in a highly matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
- Develop and recommend ways to streamline communications; at the client level and internally within our team
- Proactively troubleshoot and adjust plans as needed
- Exercise effective communication skills to manage business partners/clients and teams, develop compelling presentations and sell work
- Responsible for reoccurring client status meetings with clients, including driving the status meetings and providing up to date status reports
- Champion stellar creative work throughout the business/segment approval process.
- Forge strong client relationships with Creative, Production, Project Management and other agency departments and partner companies
- Manage budget estimates and actual vs. proposed budget; compile billing and income forecasts and reports
- Support Account Supervisors by researching prospective clients before Discovery phase (visit client website, careers page, social pages, etc.) to provide background ( tiny piece – not billable)
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting and employer match.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid sick time
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Qualifications + Skills
- Candidates must: Submit a previously written creative brief (de-identified) or another relevant writing sample that demonstrates your ability to communicate clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advertising agency experience required, 3-5+ years total experience
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrixed and fast-paced, deadline driven environment often with competing priorities
- Organized and skilled in project management. Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Proven success record managing client expectations including but not limited to deadlines and project costs
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships across clients and the internal team
- Past experience managing direct response initiatives a plus (direct mail, email campaigns, TV – all with myriad versions of creative)
- Adept or expert in a variety of our core agency capabilities and marketing in general
- Driven, compassionate and curious — an excellent communicator with a positive attitude and stellar listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fast, creative thinker/problem solver
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.