- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
The main function of a designer is to create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on design principles and concepts. A typical designer needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills.
• Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
• Develop overall layout and production design of publications or web interfaces as they relate to graphic design.
• Prepare sketches or layouts to present to client.
• Create charts and graphs from data given.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability.
• Basic ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
• Basic ability to visualize in 2D and 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
• Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
• Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software.
- Graphic design
- Must be comfortable with Design systems- most important – (helping create the components that apps are built from)
- Visual design
- Design thinking/problem solving
- Motion design would be a plus (HTML, CSS, JAVA script)
Nice to have:
- Brand Marketing Asset Creation
- Presentation skills
- Able to drive consensus/get buy in
- Self-driven & capable of working independently
• Associate's degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required. Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference