- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
This team conducts global research to uncover deep, human-centered insights about people and technology in emerging markets. We then go on to build tools and experiences for teams at this company to implement and internalize those insights into meaningful product changes. We are a small, nimble team of researchers, designers and storytellers whose goal is to change the way the company thinks about key populations that are often misunderstood.
As a Communications Designer, you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as qualitative research insights, survey data, and program updates, tools, and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable narratives aimed at audiences ranging from product teams to executives. You will leverage established templates, patterns and other ready-to-use assets, as well as create new presentations, documents, artifacts etc.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create digital materials in the form of presentations, documents, and websites to communicate research insights, resources and team information
- Create engaging information visualizations and narratives that clearly convey concepts and insights based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop clear communication materials to convey concepts and information so that it is relatable and memorable.
- Recommend and implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating to our peers and varying levels of stakeholders from cross-functional partners to senior leadership.
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel workstreams of varying scope (i.e. near-term presentations as well as longer term deliverables like a website)
One billion new people are coming online over the next few years, and India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Brazil, Mexico, and Egypt are at the forefront of this transformation. This team is building a series of new products that will serve these users and solve their biggest needs. This team also works with other product, UX, engineering, and marketing teams across the company to help them create great team-focused products.
- A degree in relevant field: information design, communication arts, graphic design. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be proficient with Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and Creative Suite, and have a portfolio which demonstrates a wide range of design styles.
- A generous team player with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal, skills when interacting with different audiences, functions, and varying levels of the organization
- Creative problem-solving abilities. Comfort with ambiguity, pivots, and experimentation with a desire/drive to create clarity and structure
- Visual design that demonstrates stylistic range and production quality detail.
- Past experience designing for Emerging Markets, or a field that addressed marginalized communities / characteristics (i.e. accessibility, low literacy, low income), a plus.
- Examples of illustrations, data visualizations, and/or animations.
- Examples of web/mobile web design compositions that are considerate of UI visual systems, hierarchy, and usability.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teammates in an iterative design process, proactively sharing work of all fidelities
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.