- Burlingame, CA; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
An AR Technical Artist is responsible for implementation and execution of augmented reality experiences in AR Platform. As part of the Creative Engineering team, you will be supporting the creation of 1st party AR content across various product surfaces. This entails working very closely with Engineering and Product teams. Day to day, you will be responsible for solving technical challenges in the most creative ways, by highlighting bleeding edge technology, and optimizing for billions of users.
● Partner closely, and consult when necessary, the engineering and design teams in defining and developing first party AR content
● Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
● Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling and texturing best practices
● Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks
● Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads
● Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
● Experience working in a real-time product environment, such as video games/mobile games, virtual reality
● Experience working with procedural artwork and content generation
● Solid understanding of computer graphics pipeline
● Experience working with shaders, either in written form GLSL/HLSL, or in visual shading such as Substance Designer
● Expertise in content authoring softwares and pipelines, with focus on real-time products such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unity, Unreal Engine
● Expertise in game profiling and optimization techniques
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to articulate complex technical concepts in a simple manner.
● Demonstrated experience in successfully working in self-motivated environments
● Educational background, or demonstrated experience in computer science fields
● Functional and reactive programming experience.
● Experience in authoring in AR platform
● Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required