- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
*Major medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid holidays, and PTO
Our GROWING client is looking to add a UX Researcher to their team.
Our team is part of The Customer Office, specifically the Employee Experience (EX) Product and Strategic Research team. We partner with product technology, as well as business, to gather a deep and intuitive understanding of employees that humanizes our approach in creating solutions that support customer obsession, and by making the employee workday easy and efficient.
The EX Product and Strategic Research team is seeking a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing Lead Researcher to join our fast-paced group. This role will work to educate and build new product partnerships, deliver insights and validate employee-driven experiences for in-store and in-home environments, with a concentration on post-sale services and installation.
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Lead Researcher serves as a practice expert to build partnerships with product and design by educating, collaborating, and evolving the product experience. Our number one responsibility is advocating for the employee (and customer). This role is responsible for moving work through the assigned research team and self-defining / executing research strategy, in conjunction with product vision.
The Lead Researcher will have a solid understanding of the human-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and alongside both Experience Design team members as well as product owners and business stakeholders. You can communicate effectively and are able to self-prioritize. The ideal candidate will be exceptional in his/her communication at all levels and will be a role model for collaborating with product teams, displaying leadership in role, and creating sustainable partnerships internally and externally.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment and have the ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed for all research team members in assigned space.
· Leads and oversees research process within the assigned product space including recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, planning, and prepping for in-person and remote studies.
· Work with team members and broader research team to ensure the needs of product are being met and uncover new ways to operationalize the way the team is working/partnering.
· Through secondary and exploratory research, conducts a thorough analysis of existing data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions.
· Partners with other product research teams to align on cross-functional needs and prioritization of work.
· Able to synthesize in the moment and quickly articulate outcomes by utilizing a co-experience mindset.
Present clear and actionable findings to various levels of stakeholders.
Grow and foster partnership with XD and Product.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, communication, marketing, human factors or similar
o Or, equivalent years of experience in work
- 1+ years leading a team of researchers, or autonomously working within a product/digital team to build out and implement research best practices
- 7+ years of experience conducting and evaluating qualitative user experience research methods including heuristic evaluation, usability testing, concept testing, field research, ethnography, discovery research, paper prototyping, remote research and guerilla methods.
- Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
- Portfolio of both individual contributor or team-led samples required
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Bonus Qualifications
o Master level education, or above
o CUA or NNG certification.
- 7+ years of experience (or equivalent experience) delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries
- 3+ years of experience in a senior capacity research role with emphasis on defining project approaches and solutions, and negotiation in a corporate environment
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
- FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM