- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Christie Bridges
In-house Sr. Packaging Designer - BEAUTY
First and foremost – you should be a great graphic designer with a great eye for layout, color, type, patterns, details and ability to visualize in 3-D packaging formats. Experience in luxury skincare/beauty industry is a plus. You’re conceptual, self-driven and able to be hands-on through to project delivery. We are looking specifically for someone who is both creative and accountable.
• Friendly seasoned Graphic/Packaging designer – experience in Beauty/Luxury industry a plus but not required.
• Must be able to take ownership of projects from inception through production including final mechanicals.
• Follow and uphold brand guidelines and work within the brand codes, however you can (and we encourage you to) push boundaries an experiment within our creative sandbox.
• Exceptional at rendering (not 3D) concepts in AI or Photoshop – retouching capabilities are a must, organized with meticulous attention to details.
• Able to easily work with existing brand assets (existing photography and illustration assets) to create new packaging options.
• Team player who is comfortable working with both creative and cross functional team members.
• Attend meetings, work directly with project manager on project needs and timelines
• Effective communicator- both verbal and written.
• ALL designers are expected to work on everything from line extensions, basic mechanicals to larger global hallmark programs. Leave egos at the door.
• Self-starter who is able to manage their own time– will be part a team but needs to have the ambition to keep things moving.
• Timelines are tight and there are very quick turn arounds, we are looking for someone who can keep a cool head and is able to function in high-pressure situations.
• Kind seasoned hands-on Graphic designer with at least 8-10 years of experience
• High-end portfolio with work concepted and executed by said designer
• Must be able to easily layout within die-lines
• Exceptional knowledge of print, file preparation for print and on-press experience
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suites - Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Meticulous 2D rendering and concept retouching capabilities are a must
• Comfortable and familiarity making DTO’s (Design Turn-Overs) / Packaging production estimate documents
• Illustration/ hand drawn skills are a plus!!