- Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
Aquent's Client is looking for a UX System Designer with impeccable craft and attention to detail to help deliver our growing portfolio of Alexa-enabled products. You will play a critical role ensuring what is designed is brought to life in code. You will bring an atomic system design approach to your work, considering how best to deliver component libraries, layouts, illustrations and icons that scale across numerous platforms and products.
Join a multidisciplinary team of UX designers, technologists, animators, and industrial designers. We are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers. Our goal is to ship both revolutionary and evolutionary products we are proud to use ourselves. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
What We Are Looking For:
As a system designer you will work with a team of world-class designers and developers to create great experiences for millions of users. Our ideal candidate brings an understanding of software development to design system thinking and design delivery. You care about how software is made and are aware of the latest design tools, techniques and best practices. You consider the impact of design change and partner with engineering teams to establish implementation practices that enable change with minimal code impact. You care about quality and bring your understanding of software platforms to deliver assets that deliver the best visual experience, while working within constraints (size, performance, latency). You work with Visual and UX Design partners to understand design intent, and ensure that intent is not “lost in translation”.
* Work with cross-discipline designers (interaction, visual, motion) and developers to determine how best to execute and deliver UI design and supporting assets
* Maintain and support design systems and shared design libraries
* Advise on design best practices, educating design partners on new software features and methodologies
* Create and deliver design and motion specifications documents for engineering partners
* Create production ready assets that meet the specific needs of target platforms (naming conventions, resolutions, format types, etc.)
* Communicate delivery to partners and validate handoff meets expectations
* Manage asset repos and ensure successful handoff and change management
* Communicate status, meeting expectations within an agile delivery environment
· Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
· Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
· Experience with mobile and web technologies such as Android, iOS, React Native, and HTML/CSS
· Experience maintaining and extending design systems, utilizing tools such as Figma, InVision DSM, Storybook or equivalent
· Experience collaborating with engineering teams, aligning on best practices for design hand-off and design documentation
· Experience working with engineers to ensure the design vision is correctly implemented on device
· Experience crafting visual design / UI specifications
· Passion for pixel perfection
· Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Excellent people, project, and time management skills
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Interaction design experience
· Visual design experience
· Prototyping experience
· Motion graphic experience
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.