- New York, NY; Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
Aquent's Client is looking for creative, detail-oriented, and ambitious visual designer to help solve company-scale enterprise problems.
- Conduct product audits, identifying patterns, and creating flexible, enterprise-focused components that all of products can use with a core focus on the visual design of the components.
- Understand all of the products patterns and components
- Respond to and close bugs related to current components by improving designs
- Work closely with Eng and PM partners to ensure components and patterns are well-documented
- Contribute strategically to the development of an improved process around pattern definition and documentation.
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Design 140+ new patterns and components for built on brand language to reflect the needs of Products
- Document the usage, accessibility, and design specs for components within the Company's Design System spec
- Own the review process between multiple teams within the company, and address feedback
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, Graphic Design or any other field with relevant practical experiences
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Creative problem - solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience establishing design systems for various brands.
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with design and engineers.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
- Proven understanding of UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Expert experience using Figma
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Graphic Design or any other field
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.