- Chicago, Il
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large Consulting client is looking for a Communications Support Specialist for a long term role.
The Global IT Organization’s Marketing and Communications team delivers timely, useful communications to the right audiences using the most effective vehicles and a structured and standardized communication approach to keep client people informed of IT project and operational updates and actions. The team’s mission is to advance client IT strategy by driving a high-level and appropriate use of technology in competitively critical areas throughout client, positioning client Global IT as a driving force powering a digital client, aligning Global IT to client business, and fostering IT employee satisfaction and enhanced productivity.
The Internal Communications Specialist supports communications to the global IT organization’s more than 10,000 employees. The specialist will focus on keeping the IT organization up to date on organization news in novel ways while ensuring that communications reflect a unified look and feel in alignment with client brand.
The specialist will also provide operations support for sharing client success stories with the marketplace by posting completed content in both internal and external client channels.
This person works closely with members of client global IT organization and reports to the M+C Associate Manager.
• Design, develop, and maintain website pages on client internal site platform built on WordPress.
• Post content to internal social media and monitor feedback.
• Facilitate support ticket requests from M+C team members and client.com development team. Requires attention to detail and communicating effectively between various stakeholders.
• Facilitate posting of client podcasts to various channels by working with the podcast team and M+C team members.
• Upload video content to client internal media Exchange website.
• Assist team as needed in reviewing/editing transcripts, resizing images or other digital asset support.
• Additional operations and metrics tracking support as needed across the team.
Sample day-in-the-life of this role may include:
Gather content from an client GLOBAL IT project team (copy, photography, diagrams, reference links etc.), organize and lay out the content in an attractive design on the GLOBAL IT Organization website.
Post approved content to GLOBAL IT Organization internal social media. Review feed for questions and comments and tag appropriate GLOBAL IT SMEs to respond to queries.
Submit final podcast files and copy to the client podcast team to facilitate posting podcast across external channels. Submit support ticket requests via the online support site to facilitate the building or editing of client.com pages. It will involve taking instructions and design files from M+C members and ensuring the request is properly submitted and managing the back and forth from the developers to get any missing files or questions answered.
Bachelor's degree, university degree or equivalent
Minimum of 3 years of experience in communications or website design
Experience designing, building, and maintaining pages in WordPress (client internal site platform)
Experience managing multiple projects at once
Strong individual contributor who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Communications, marketing, change management experience or degree
- Intermediate WordPress design experience – ability to develop pages within client brand guidelines using widgets, animated text, imagery, etc.
- MS Office365 skills-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams etc.
- Graphic Design, and HTML skills a plus
Professional Skill Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Adaptable to new and changing environments
- Ability to work independently