- Remote from anywhere in the US!
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
As a technical writer, you will create and publish technical documentation for our client's technology platform, including developer guides and detailed documentation. Successful past delivery of developer-oriented technical documentation for a programming platform is required. Must have experience writing documentation for APIs, SDKs, components, and tools. Your documentation will be used by internal software developers building applications on the Amazon platform. This position requires precise documentation and clear communication and presentation skills, along with a solid understanding of software engineering. The ability to create and document code such as Python, C#, C++, JSON, and Java is required because you must quickly understand the complexity of our systems, create sample applications that demonstrate individual components of the system, and share this information with others.
* Design, develop and deliver documentation
* Develop content re-use and single-sourcing strategies
* Help evaluate and select tools and technologies for the technical publications team
* 4+ years in a writing or lead writing role
* Proven ability to work with developers and write for a developer audience
* Experience working with a programming language such as Java, Python, C#, or C++ is essential
* Proven experience designing documentation for software APIs
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
* Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
* Experience with XML-based publishing systems
* Some experience with web services and related technologies a plus
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.