- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$125/hr, DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Our client's Sr. UX Designer works within a team of designers, writers, and technologists to articulate the user experience for customers across a multitude of digital touch points, including social media platforms, and digital signage.
The position requires a proven track record of exceptional strategic design thinking and a demonstrable expertise in transactional e-commerce and designing digital product solutions, tailored for physical retail environments
to support the consumer's omni-channel shopping journey. Particularly important to the role are oral and written communication skills to articulately express the rationale behind the design decisions.
Responsible for producing clear UX documentation for marketing, transactional flows, and app experiences. These deliverables include, but are not limited too, benchmarking, journey maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
The Senior UX Designer is able to iterate rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change. Brings ideas to the table, but also collaborate effectively with producers, copywriters, art directors, developers, and cross functional teams to
develop clear proposals for UX solutions. Comfortable with ambiguous requirements, able to handle projects with greater autonomy, lead small UX teams on focused projects, and present work to leadership.
• Presents work to internal teams and leaders, clearly articulating design rationale
• Collaborates within the UX team by working reciprocally and sharing standard methodologies
• Produces clear UX documentation including benchmarking, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
• Iterates rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of the project
• Demonstrates the ability to use analytics and user testing to inform the creative process
• Provides UX direction to a broad audience and contributes at a high level during all phases of an interactive project
• Able to influence and gain alignment from others while being accountable for bringing strategic thinking and product design strategy into projects
• Manages and builds positive relationships across disciplines with designers, developers, product teams, and cross functional stakeholders
• Functions as a lead on focused projects and anticipates the appropriate next steps at each phase of the process
• You have at least 5 years of significant experience in user experience design
• You have validated conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills
• You are focused, keep a level head and work well within a collaborative team
• Your capabilities engender confidence that assignments are on track and on strategy
• You approach problems with flexibility and are able to cut through ambiguity
• You possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills to articulately express the rationale behind design decisions
• You can present and articulate the vision in a purposeful and thoughtful way, have an eye for detail, and an excellent sense of aesthetics and functionality
• You are fluent in analytics, usability tests, various forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback, and able to distill data to formulate insights that drive design decisions
• You have extensive experience with consumer facing digital products and transactional platform design, from large-scale workflow solutions to bespoke, niche design
• You have proven success in strategic and design thinking to launch digital products that reach global audiences and are designed to scale; while considering the unique needs of specific demographics
• You are capable of working within constraints to transform complex requirements into simple solutions that meet business and consumer needs
• You understand the requirements of the process, including typical time and resources needed in order to produce extraordinary work
• You have a strong familiarity with current web and app development technologies
• You demand difference and innovate down to the details
• You have a dream of working in a creative and dynamic environment
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)