- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for a talented Technical Editor to shape and refine service training on hardware and software, service systems and strategies, regulatory content, and more. The editor will partner with instructional designers, program managers, editors, and others to ensure the highest possible standards in copy.
• Mastery of American English and exceptional attention to detail
• Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style and familiarity with the Style Guide (on Books)
• Technologically savvy
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex topics while keeping the copy friendly and engaging
• Expertise in copyediting, proofreading, developmental editing, and standard editorial workflows
• Previous experience building excellent working relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to provide articulate feedback that’s objective, positive, and results-oriented while maintaining the writer’s voice and intention
• Validated ability to work efficiently and independently to meet deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
• Trustworthy and able to keep information confidential
• Experience using learning management systems or content
• Familiarity with basic HTML (text formatting, links, images, lists, and tables)
• Experience repairing and supporting hardware and software a plus
Under the guidance of the senior technical editor, you’ll work with instructional designers to develop engaging, clear, and error-free service training for technicians worldwide. You’ll edit for tone, technical accuracy,
style, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and more, while becoming intimately familiar with style guides. You’ll share your editorial expertise to develop coursework that’s logical, effective, and ready for localization. And you’ll review projects during all stages of production, from initial copy development to final staging and proofreading.
You’ll help instructional designers apply consistent standards and elevate the quality of the writing. And you’ll be a stickler for details while never losing sight of the big picture of what the content and the organization are trying to achieve.
The best candidates are curious, resourceful, creative, results-oriented, and high energy with an ability to balance multiple responsibilities, priorities, and schedules. The candidate must be able to communicate
effectively and produce work of the highest quality in partnership with multiple stakeholders and within time constraints.
Note: This is not a writing role.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field
• 6 or more years of editorial experience or an advanced degree with 3 or more years of experience
• Previous technical editing experience or experience editing instructional content
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)