- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
We are hiring a Strategic Media Planning Manager, to join the Media Team, part of The Company's Consumer Marketing organization. The team is responsible for media strategy and execution stewardship for all consumer-facing campaigns across the family of apps.
This role will be responsible for development of media strategies and integrated channel plans for Instagram. They will partner with Instagram’s Integrated Advertising, Culture & Community, Brand Strategy, Insights & Analytics, Creative, Social, and Partnerships teams, to devise and execute in-market plans that deliver our brand narrative through effective and innovative paid media strategies.
- Develop measurable, media strategies and plans grounded in objectives and audience insights, to deliver innovation and business outcomes.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to influence the audience and media strategy and recommendation, and inform tactical planning, execution and optimization
- Serve as a subject matter expert, developing work that incorporates industry innovation, planning and measurement best practices, across digital and traditional channels
- Build strong working relationships and drive influence with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Decision Science, Insights & Creative teams to develop fully integrated work
- Partner with external media agency, and International planners to drive cohesive media planning and execution around the globe
- Manage multiple media work streams and deliverables to ensure flawless campaign planning and execution, working in close coordination across internal and external teams
- Partner with marketing, product, partnership, creative and agency teams to design custom media activations that deliver brand and product narrative in unexpected ways
- Analyze campaign performance against KPIs and author insights, takeaways, and recommendations for ongoing campaign optimization and reporting
- 5+ years experience in strategic media planning, either within an agency or within a client organization
- Proven track record in building strong relationships, navigating cross functional teams and presenting to stakeholders and leadership
- Proven experience in measurement, analytics and in gathering audience insights and using those to tell a compelling story
- Experience managing the development of full funnel media strategies and communicating the role of individual channels vs. how channels complement each other in a plan
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the trends impacting media, measurement and analytics
- Experience in planning and executing multi-channel media campaigns and working in data-driven environments
- Experience managing a media agency
- Experience working directly with a creative team to marry creative ideas/strategy with media strategy and channel selection
- Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment