- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for a Sr. Program Manager, Social to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you play a dual role of account management and project management. You will lead and facilitate the development of programs. You serve as an essential part of helping to build integrated solutions at speed to improve customer and ownership experiences for each brand in the NA Whirlpool Corporation portfolio. You bring marketing perspective, serve as a resource and bridge between critical business functions and Project X while managing all aspects of projects from concept to go-live, including schedule creation, project tracking, status reports, cost management, and deliverable deployment. You will lead cross-functional teams to the on-time completion of, and go-live dates for social solutions that drive the desired consumer experience.
- Oversee all Project X Social deliverables and serve as the central touch-point for oversight, coordination, schedule creation, status, project management, cost management, and overall project flow
- Provide thought leadership in terms of social execution, best practices, new media, and emerging trends
- Know the business – business objectives, priorities, and organization
- Assist in driving digital thinking and execution, ensuring consistency and brand elevation across all channels
- Understand the competitive environment - develop competitive creative reviews (similar programs, marketing channels, marketing examples)
- Effectively articulate overall program objectives and business insights to project teams
- Serve as key team contributor to deliver engaging social campaigns that meet marketing strategy and program goals
- Collaborate with relevant partners to develop scope for individual initiatives
- Articulate and document process, timelines, escalation points, risk mitigation strategies, and project intent to the team; proactively lead with partners and stakeholders to guide projects through the project lifecycle
- Oversee and help allocate resources for assignments; work with the Directors and Managers to ensure maximum resource utilization and productivity
- Partner with internal and external implementation teams to ensure and finalize project plans, budgets, and timelines
- Assist managing Project Managers with regular, ongoing feedback to evaluate performance; coach all aspects of their professional development and create clear succession plans and career paths for each individual
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combined 8+ years as a Social Media or Digital Campaign Program Manager, Project Manager or Account Manager in creative, social or digital agencies
- Experience in managing multiple social campaigns
Preferred skill and experiences:
- PMP, SCRUM, or Six Sigma certification desired, but not required
- Possess the ability to work with our internal partners across product, development, research, marketing, and beyond to develop project plans that are inclusive and relevant to all groups
- Experience mitigating risks associated with off-scope obstacles
- Experience managing a portfolio of impactful and reputable social media initiatives
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and guiding direct reports on day-to-day projects, as well as career paths and goals
- Demonstrate a proven track record of leading multicomponent programs from ideation to development through delivery of projects
- Contribute, deliver, and solicit feedback to continually improve processes and procedures to help create operational efficiencies
- Confidence in providing feedback and direction to key stakeholders and various levels in the organization
- Ability to synthesize data and analytics to formulate sound program objectives and goals
- Goal driven and target oriented while able to step back and look at the bigger picture; proven ability to manage ambiguity and a preparedness to take on what is necessary to get things done
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.