- Chicago, Il
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large consulting client is in need of a Change Communications Specialist/Legal for a long term remote role.
We’re seeking an experienced change communications specialist to create and execute on a comprehensive communication plan to support the rollout of an exciting new program in client Legal, which will transform how Legal operates with the our partners across client.
The successful candidate will regularly meet with key stakeholders and working groups from across client to get a clear sense of all objectives, milestones and deliverables before creating an holistic communications plan – incorporating a multi-media and creative approach. They’ll then execute the plan – from writing executive communications, articles and scripts, to producing videos, planning broadcasts and producing creative assets (with agency support).
The ideal candidate will be someone with wide ranging communications experience, with strong internal comms and change comms experience. A combination of creativity, writing and strong project management skills are a must. Managing senior stakeholders expectations and keeping multiple groups engaged will be a daily activity.
Part of the wider global client Legal group, the role will sit in a close-knit team of legal, operations and communications professionals from around the world, working closely together to support client Legal to engage and inform its nearly 3,000 legal professionals, as well as over 100,000 client and sales teams with updates and education around key changes. With a high level of groundbreaking change and digital transformation in Legal, this role offers great variety of work and exposure to many exciting teams and projects.
The role will report to the Legal Operations Change and Transformation Lead, with a dotted line to the Legal Communications Director, ensuring that all communications are kept aligned with Legal’s overall approach and that of wider Marketing + Communications colleagues.
• Create and lead execution of a comprehensive communication plan to ensure stakeholder support of the change strategy
• Manage program-wide stakeholder groups to ensure consistency in messaging and streamlined approach when engaging
• Partner with Legal Transformation Change Lead(s) to support stakeholder group-specific communication events, messages, and activities
• Manage program communication channels, and alignment/touch points with Legal Communications
• Develop, execute and track all program communications, and ensure alignment of all key messages with the change strategy
• Manage writing assignments of many forms including, but not limited to, executive emails, articles, social media posts, video scripts and event talking points, to a very high quality with minimal supervision needed to understand what’s needed and deliver strong drafts for review.
• Support clients with various communications needs, including but not limited to presentation slides, imagery, branding alignment, webcast preparation.
• Be clear and concise in conversation with clients and advocate sensible and appropriate communications approaches, listening to their asks and knowing when to push back with helpful alternatives to their requests as needed and managing expectations appropriately.
• Ensure work is delivered on time, and stakeholders are kept informed of any expected risks to delivery.
Reports to Legal Operations Change and Transformation Lead
Education Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Change Management or relevant completed, or equivalent work experience
Work Experience • Typically has 6+ years of experience.
Work Requirements • Will be required to occasionally attend out of normal working hours conference calls to support a global team
• Will need to be flexible on work hours at critical times, i.e. Webcast /Town hall planning etc.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements • Highly organized individual and expert planner as it relates to communications, with the ability to get a project off the ground and see it out until completion
• Excellent writer who adapts easily to different form and tone requirements
• Highly creative and collaborative as it applies to communications
• Role model our Leadership DNA behaviors
• Strong stakeholder management across all levels and deep overall business acumen
• Proactive self-starter able to work independently
• Strong project management skills
• Comfortable using data to inform decision-making
• Ability to put structure around ambiguously defined thoughts/situations
• Excellent English oral and written communications skills (native English speaker or equivalent level)
• Able to build credibility with the team and stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, IE, Outlook)
• Knowledge of other useful applications for the role (WordPress, Adobe Suite, Mass Mailer tools, Social Media tools e.g. Sprinklr) WordPress, email marketing / mass mailer tools, adobe suite is a bonus. 6+ years experience in communications, change management or related and work in a large Consulting Organization.