- McLean or Richmond, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara El-Shami
Aquent is looking for a UX Researcher for our Fortune 500 Financial client in Richmond or McLean, VA. This is a full time, onsite (starting remote through the end of the year), 3 month to permanent role with full benefits - medical, dental, 401K and more. This role sits with the Small Business Bank Design team and will be responsible to help plan, facilitate, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative user research for key digital product and service initiatives to help teams understand and manage their money with confidence. The Small Business Bank Design team is a group of human-centered designers and strategic thinkers charged with creating experiences in service of a small business owner’s dream, providing them with financial tools and guidance that feel exclusively created for every moment in their journey. The team collaborates with talented partners from product, tech, ops, analytics, legal, marketing, and brand teams to bring about a persistent focus on our customers and create elegant, simple products and services that can make a positive impact on the lives of small business owners. The Research Lead will be responsible for creating research plans, moderating research studies when necessary, and analyzing/synthesizing or leading analysis/synthesis of research projects at every stage of the product life-cycle.
● Work together with teams of product designers, product managers, analysts and engineers to
define and prioritize research needs across a breadth of experiences including digital product and
● Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative
methods such as surveys, A/B testing, individual interviews, ethnographic/field research, diary
studies, user/usability testing.
● Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities,
and support decision-making and prioritization.
● Consult with and mentor designers doing independent research.
● Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research,
and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods.
● Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various
organizations in any format required to enable confident decision-making. Able to sell, support,
explain, and simply present research methodology and research findings to various audience
types from skilled design experts to non-designers.
● Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from
testing, reviews, etc.
What You Bring:
● Proven ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an
approachable, actionable format
● Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential
problems and recommend solutions
● Experience in gaining user insight throughout the specification, design, and implementation
phases through interviews, site visits and other observational methods (web analytics, remote
logging, remote unmoderated usability studies, etc.)
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organization and time management
● At least 5 years of user-centered design research experience
● Basic understanding of digital product design best practices
● Master’s Degree in Behavioral Science, HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Sociology, or Cognitive
● 5 years of experience of full-life cycle research and inspection methods which occur from
ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing
● 5 years of experience working on consumer and mobile products
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR