- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
AWESOME Search Marketing Specialist OPPORTUNITY -- REMOTE or in Easton, PA area
The Search Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting organic and paid search marketing efforts at our client, an American manufacturing company, specializing in art supplies. Reporting into the Digital Marketing team, the role will write high-quality content and implement SEO best practices for owned properties and Omni-channel retailers. This will include keyword research, optimizing existing copy, writing new copy, and helping to improve search rankings across platforms. The role will also support SEM efforts by activating campaigns and writing ad copy.
The Search Marketing Specialist will work to achieve SEO KPIs and will be responsible for reporting on these metrics using an array of analytics and SEO tools. This role will require working collaboratively with cross-functional partners including sales, ecommerce, and agencies. The ideal candidate will have the ability to write compelling copy that is not only keyword-rich, but also consumer friendly and drives the business forward in the digital space.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Execute Product Content Strategy:
• Develop, test, and drive SEO strategy across website and Omni-channel retailers with support of the Search Marketing Strategist.
• Website support includes landing page content development, email communications, and keyword research.
• Omni-channel support includes retailer specific copy, digital ad copy, and long form / expanded A+ copy.
• Execute on-going product copy optimizations, including updates to implement best practices, seasonal copy changes, and test & learn plans.
• Support product detail copy development for newly launched products. Includes working with Product Marketing to develop sell sheets as well as consumer facing product detail pages.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in Product, Sales, and Marketing / Agencies to implement consistent keyword strategies and optimizations across the full product life cycle.
• Conduct keyword research, identify keyword opportunities, monitor trends, and follow competitors to shape keyword strategy for priority retailers and improve ranking for target keywords.
• Monitor organic channel KPIs and apply data-driven insight to optimize each retailer strategy accordingly.
Enable Omni-Channel Product Content Syndication:
• Facilitate PDP content publishing process, inclusive of new product uploads to PIM and retailer accounts, tracking/auditing on-time publishing and uploads, and on-going copy maintenance. Manage error submission process across accounts.
• Coordinate with key content partners and Product Information Management (PIM) platform to facilitate the development and publishing of effective SEO and keyword optimized copy to yield desired search results.
• Report on search trends across platforms (e.g. Google, Amazon, Walmart), including seasonal trends, evergreen keywords, and emerging spaces.
Paid Advertising and Content Support:
• Lead Google Ads paid search text ad campaigns for website. Support paid search initiatives including campaign set up, ad copy creation, and reporting in Google Ads and Google Analytics.
• Test & Learn emerging technologies across retailers (e.g. Amazon Posts, expanded A+ copy).
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience in search marketing with hands-on technical SEO experience
• Experience with Brightedge, Amazon Vendor Central, Salsify, Syndigo / Content Analytics, and Google Ads preferred.
• Copywriting experience in the digital space, with the ability to translate keywords into consumer copy. Experience writing for Amazon product detail pages (including A+ copy) is required.
• Excellent self-starter with strong verbal and written communication
• Understanding of performance tracking and measurement with an ability to glean clear and actionable marketing insights from data sets and can clearly communicate them to stakeholders.
• Excellent time management skills and a commitment to on time deliverables
• Staying up to date on current industry practices, news, and algorithm updates
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to solve problems creatively in a fast paced ever changing environment. Able to balance competing priorities across multiple platforms & teams.