- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$83/hr, DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Our client’s global Marketing Communications group oversees all of the client’s advertising and marketing campaigns. The client’s Design Team is responsible for design and art direction, working collaboratively to define the look and feel of the client’s products across all platforms.
Seeking a Product Designer who will help develop the graphic design for new and sustaining hardware products and their related components. In this role you will help to facilitate the execution of product graphic design that reflects the client’s standards for simplicity and elegance.
As the Product Graphics team we work with multiple organizations across the company to execute the company's branding on our products. Executions range from developing and placement of graphics across all of the client’s products including logos, glyphs, personalization, regulatory markings, and other regionally mandated on-product markings.
Our client's Product Graphics Designer will partner with a team of Product Graphics Producers and cross-functional teams (i.e. Industrial Design, Product Marketing, Product Design, Manufacturing Design and Regional Compliance Teams) to ensure the execution of product graphic design that reflects the client’s standards for simplicity and elegance. This role is vital to ensuring the delivery of accurate artwork and ontime results at each stage of design development. This person applies their experience of typography standards, line-weights, the application across varying surfaces (plastics/metals/fibers/other material), as well as with an assortment of printing methods. Their responsibilities will also include oversight on project status in collaboration with their Producer, priorities and approvals for launch execution, facilitating design direction and brainstorming with Product Graphics Producers and Industrial Design to develop and finalize graphic studies.
• Collaborate with Producers to gather design assets necessary to build artwork (CAD drawings, regulatory, safety, cross-functional and in region content, product code numbers, and branding names).
• Brainstorm with Product Graphics Producer and ID to develop and finalize graphic studies.
• Apply typography standard methodologies, line-weight, how type relates on varying surfaces (plastics/metals/fibers/other material), as well as an assortment of print methods.
• Ensure consistency in minimalist design style and product ecosystem for the client’s design consistency.
• With the support of Product Graphics Producers, secure artwork for approval from all relevant cross-functional teams.
• Review photo/FAI (first article inspection) to ensure correct artwork implementation. Work with Producers and Suppliers directly to communicate and resolve implementation issues.
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a graphic design organization for consumer electronics, preferred.
• You care deeply about product graphics and design. You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly, and have patience for the process—both in engineering and design.
• You collaborate and demonstrate a flexible approach to working across multiple teams and styles.
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and handle ambiguity with grace.
• You love the details (highly meticulous), simultaneously demonstrating the ability to envision a macro-view of design objectives and foresee potential roadblocks.
• You are inventive and enthusiastic, a problem solver, at ease with being part of a growing organization. You dream of working in a creative environment, learn quickly, and you can accommodate rapid change.
• You are enthusiastic about supporting team-culture, are a strong team partner and coach.
• Expertise in 3D print/marking techniques and manufacturing processes is required.
• You love the client’s product and care deeply about product graphics. You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly, and have patience for the process—both engineering and design.
• Computer skills/software: Expert in Adobe CC (specifically Illustrator), and other applications including Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign.
• Basic knowledge of database/operations systems is preferred, such as Agile, Radar & Incline.
BA degree in Graphic Design preferred.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)