- Fully remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tamira Imondi
We are looking for a Mid - Senior UX Designer with Strong UI skills for an apparel global e-commerce brand who will bring innovation, creativity and spunk to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past. This person is also someone who is capable of driving success even with a wide range of diverse responsibilities anywhere between bee keeping and wizard training. Ideally this person is someone who can twirl flaming batons with their eyes closed, while hopping on a pogo stick, without neglecting style. If you are this person we would love to get to know you and we can certainly assure you that your talents will never be overlooked.
Innovation, Omni Channel, App. These are three things we are pushing heavily into this year so your experience in these avenues could really help drive the direction of several key initiatives.
Be a role model for the team. The team is comprised of some junior designers and we are looking for another strong designer to come in help set a good example of process and design. We are a fun collaborative team and we are looking for another great partner.
We are also looking for someone that has strong visual skills being part of a brand, we are looking to really elevate the look and feel of the site. We are currently working on the Next Generation Vision of what that could look like and you could really help us bring that to light.
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Directly responsible for delivering User Experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Four-year degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field. Graduate degree a plus
- 4+ years of interface design experience in delivering great designs that met key metrics and was customer centric
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research. Seasoned in Agile development processes
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, Invision, & Zeplin but skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions; hands-on expertise with HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and/or Flex a plus
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
Extremely detail-oriented and also able to see the big pictures
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation ability
Cool, calm and collected
Easy-going and open-minded, no egoistic or authoritarian character
Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team
A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation
Positive attitude and self-motivation