- Toledo, OH
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Elliott
We are looking for a Agile Release Manager for a 6+ month assignemnt with our client located in Toledo, OH.
The Agile Release Manager is focused on the product portfolio of a domain area (such as Digital Marketing), with deep knowledge of business needs and the ability to facilitate the development of innovative solutions. They work directly with business stakeholders across all digital channels in their respective domains and all areas of a product funnel to drive awareness, conversion, purchase intent, education, loyalty and advocacy. The Agile Release Manager is the primary link between business teams, Product Owner, and Global Information Services (GIS) agile product development teams responsible for executing product releases.
This role ideates with the business, User Experience (UX), and technical development teams or vendors to identify viable solutions to drive full value from the strategic investment in their domain. They facilitate shaping the outlook of work in the portfolio with stakeholders and is accountable for planning and delivery of functional product releases, optimizations, and maintenance. The Agile Release Manager collaborates closely with business and technology teams to develop a relevant and realistic product outlook through ongoing refinement of the portfolio.
The Agile Release Manager builds and fosters strong working relationships with Global Information Services partners, functional business partners, third party providers, and elevates the overall digital product acumen across the company. They bring and build expertise in current and evolving relevant field information, own digital tools in their domain and advance conversation about emerging trends in the market that could shape the portfolio. The Agile Release Manager is a leader of digital thinking and digital evangelism (agile, UX, test-and-learn methodologies) in their business domains.
Business leadership: Onboard new stakeholders and subject matter experts into the GIS Digital Marketing agile scrum cadence, terminology, and portfolios of work. Develop relationships with the business unit experts or internal/external creative agencies. Facilitate the execution of the project portfolio, the priority and scope of work, as aligned by the Product Owner.
Product leadership: Leverage digital product and technology expertise to educate and proactively influence business decisions that increase value to our marketing, sales, and/or other domain teams. Drive digital product adoption and facilitate change management with all stakeholders.
• The Agile Release Manager works with business to:
o Align on the impact and effort of all project initiatives in a given calendar year
o Gather the audience, objective, goals, strategy, and metrics (AOGSM) for an intended project or initiative.
o Release Plan each project: Scope (MVP and future phases), facilitate team ideation, facilitate ticket details and estimation with team leads, and the support of business/quality analyst (BA/QA)
o Set sprint goals and priorities
o Review sprint accomplishments
o Maintain active queue of maintenance, hardening, improvement, and optimization work
Innovate and think strategically: Partner with Product Owner, business, and development team to maintain a running 3-sprint plan (half-quarter) and quarterly outlook project initiatives and updates. Proactively engage with technology vendors to understand their propositions, features, and roadmaps in order to evaluate their potential value to our company. Facilitate and participate in all team ideation sessions as part of Release Planning.
Agile Release Management: From inception of a Digital Marketing product to its end of life including product strategy, feature conceptualization, marketing (SEO and SEM), release implementation, sustainability, evolution and retirement. Collaborate with Agile Release Managers to plan Digital Marketing product MVP and future releases, develop release schedule, direct release execution resources, coordinate workflow between cross function teams, end user adoption, release roll out and production support. Communicate and provide timely release status to the Digital Marketing project/release teams, key stakeholders, and leadership.
• Perform and/or support quality assurance, data cleanup/migration, software setup/configurations, user-acceptance testing and quality assurance (QA), deployments from development, and adoption/training where needed.
Collaborate and foster teamwork: Inspire and cultivate talent within Global Information Services, digital, marketing, and business organizations to promote an engaging work environment. Increase the level of Agile Release Management, product awareness, and value across the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience with related domain (ex. Digital Marketing)
• 3+ years’ experience in information technology focused projects including websites, portals, apps, mobile, data integration, analytics
• 3+ years working directly with business teams in a role understanding and translating business needs into technical implementation married with user needs and ideals. Experience within domain required (i.e. Digital Marketing) for position.
• Experience with project management, scrum/kanban agile methodologies, and the software development life cycle process required
• Experience with manufacturing B2C, B2B environment required
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated expertise in understanding workflows and business process, identifying issues and providing solutions that leverage relevant technologies Moved this down here
• Has led or participated in the development digital product releases
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage medium to large scale, cross-functional projects involving global processes, cross-functional teams and third-party vendors
• Utilization of analytics to gain insights into effectiveness of digital product
• Experience in generating requirements and/or user stories to successfully communicate business needs
• Effective and proactive communicator with stakeholders at all levels; successfully sets and manages expectations
• Experience collaborating with 3rd party providers, agencies, development teams