- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Elizabeth Bennett
Whirlpool is looking for a Proofreader to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will support the Creative team in ensuring the accuracy and quality of cohesive, powerful, and relevant brand stories and experiences across multiple channels. You will leverage excellent grammar, editing, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Proofread materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, and brand voice
- Review and markup written work, such as marketing materials and internal documents
- Maintain and uphold deep knowledge of style guide
- Ensure cohesion and consistency across written materials
- Maintain brand integrity
- Participate in a collaborative working environment across creative disciplines and across the agency
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience as a proofreader
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent grammar, editing, writing, and proofreading skills
- Problem-solving mentality; self-motivated
- Experience upholding brand style guidelines
- Ability to quickly pivot when brand guidelines change
- Collaboration with teams to facilitate and achieve business goals
- Commitment to uphold company philosophy and values on the job
- Able to accept feedback to continually improve work
- Collaborative, generous team player
- Experience in Workfront or similar project and workflow software
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.