- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Burbank, CA is seeking a Social Graphic Designer/Animator to join their team. This role is slated to go 7 months and could extend. It will start remote, but candidates should be local to the Los Angeles Area.
We currently use our network's social media accounts as editorial destinations, reflective of the Freeform brand ethos and voice. These accounts strive to be cultural tastemakers—posting original content that's reflective of the issues and topics that we and our fans care about. We need a dedicated Social Designer/Animator to create custom content for the brand accounts. These accounts engage in the digital space in real time, inserting the network into larger cultural conversations.
We are hiring a Social Designer/Animator that not only can execute various types of content – custom design, illustration, animations, or photo/video-driven posts but will contribute ideas and suggestions as related to the social brand strategy. This candidate must have a keen eye for composition and type layout and be in-the-know on the latest social formats and have a passion for social content. The candidate must be organized and able to manage many projects at once.
Social Designer/Animator Job duties include:
- Take creative direction and assignments from the Director or Producer of Branding & Design as well as the Creative Lead for Social. Ensure that every asset created for the brand accounts reinforces the social network brand vision and delivers a high level of quality. Collaborate with other Branding & Design team members as needed.
- Responsible for creative development and execution of social posts with a good understanding of how to translate these elements across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok)
- Develop designs and produce materials featuring network content. Has the ability to make independent decisions on appropriate design elements, exercise good judgment on design and information hierarchy and conscientiously implements requested changes/modifications.
- Ability to source and edit together clips of footage.
- Responsible for personal time management and tracking approvals internally so that production schedules, deadlines, and workload are managed effectively, under tight time constraints.
- Maintains detailed working knowledge of graphic promotional packaging, network branding tools along with extensive knowledge of social processes.
- Monitor graphics requests in tracking tool m360 and adhere to the deadlines set per request
- Monitor what's happening in media/news to find organic ways for the network to be part of relevant conversations.
- Create real-time content during relevant cultural moments. Nights and weekend work required as needed for live event coverage
- Must have a passion for brand development and social content, be an exceptional conceptual thinker and possess a clean design aesthetic.
- Strong concept communication and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Designer or Designer/Animator within an entertainment environment, developing and managing graphics. Ability to create custom portrait illustration required.
- High level of experience and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop and Illustrator. Must having working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere.
- Must be a multi-tasker, able to work under tight timelines and be a team player.
- Must be skilled in Mac environments and asset management.
- Extremely strong project management and interpersonal relationship skills and be comfortable with collaboration to deliver fresh ideas to represent the brands.
Required Education: College graduate, BFA in design
NOTE: The Animation is a very small part of the job, they must have great design skills, Illustration abilities.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers